Many children and youth in Canada struggle with societal barriers and face adversities in their lives like detrimental living conditions, family violence, risk factors for mental health, school issues and identity challenges.
These circumstances have nothing to do with the value of who they are or who they can become, but because of these situations, children and youth risk not having the opportunity to live up to their full potential. Even worse is the possibility of continuing cycles of poverty and crime or developing mental health issues.
This comes at a cost to the young person, and to society. greybruce.bigbrothersbigsisters.ca/about-us/
- The establishment and operation of an organization to build a network of individuals and organizations in Grey and Bruce Counties, and beyond, for the purpose of:
- Fostering the development of sustainable communities;
- Fostering collaborative relationships that increase capacity to deliver environmental and community sustainability programs;
- Researching, promoting and implementing solutions to local sustainability issues and other complementary purposes not inconsistent with these objectives.
- Office in Harmony Centre - 890 4th Avenue East, Owen Sound